(Request entire Statements of Faith by emailing the church office here):
What We Believe:
What We Believe:
- The Bible is verbally inspired, infallible and the only source for truth and practice.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor. That He is God in the flesh and that He is the one and only God.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, that repentance is commanded of God for all, and necessary for the forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification through the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Spirit.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the active, empowering work of the Holy Spirit.
- In the active working of the many gifts of the Holy Spirit in the modern world. The gifts of the Holy Spirit include but are not limited to: Administration (1 Corinthians 12:29); Apostle (Ephesians 4:11); Celibacy (1 Corinthians. 7:1-67); Craftsmanship (Exodus 31:3-5); Discerning of Spirits (1 Corinthians 12:10); Evangelist (Ephesians 4:11); Exhortation (Romans. 12:8); Faith (1 Corinthians 12:9); Gifts of Healing (1 Corinthians. 12:9); Giving (Romans 12:8); Helps (1 Corinthians 12:29); Hospitality (1 Peter 4:9; Romans 12:13); interpretation of Tongues (1 Corinthians. 12:10, 30); Leadership (Romans. 12:9); Martyrdom (1 Corinthians. 13:3); Mercy (Romans 12:8); Music (1 Chronicles 15:12, 19, 22); Pastor/Teacher (Ephesians 4:11); Prophecy/Prophet (Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 12:10, 29); Service (Romans. 12:7; 1 Peter 4:11); Teacher/Teaching (Romans. 12:7; 1 Corinthians 12:28); Tongues (1 Corinthians. 12:10, 28); Voluntary Poverty (1 Corinthians 13:3); Word of Knowledge (1 Corinthians 12:8); Word of Wisdom (1 Corinthians 12:8); Working of Miracles (1 Corinthians 12:8).
- In the manifestation of the fruits of the Holy Spirit as outlined in Galatians 5:22-23: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all that repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the Lord’s Supper.
- In the pre-millennial Second Coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together, reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one's biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term "marriage" has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Christ Community Church (CCC) as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to CCC members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by CCC in any capacity, those who serve as volunteers, and members, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22.)
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Christ Community Church.